Book an Appointment for free counselling MEET A COUNSELOR

Study Abroad Guide

FAQ's About the UK Students Visa (Tear-4)

June 2022

The United Kingdom is generally known for its manners and etiquette. The people in UK are warm and welcoming. The UK turned into great scientists, composers, authors and some people also achieved noble prizes. The universities in the UK give students the necessary care and support to succeed. A UK education opens doors, wherever you go in the world. To study in the UK one must have a student visa. There are types of student visas depending upon the different courses and the duration of the course.

Types of Canadian Visas

The 4-Tier student visa is a general visa which is also known as BRP (Biometric Resident Permit). It is for the students who are aged 18 or above. Students visa is issued to the students who have a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS). CAS is a letter issued after the student has accepted the course and paid the required deposits.

There are significant numbers of students who wish to study in the UK, here's a list of frequently asked questions.

1.Can I work with a Tier 4 visa?

If you are pursuing a degree course and holding a 4 Tier visa, you will be allowed to work for 20 hours per week during the course time and full time during vacation. You can work full-time after completing your course and still have a short period left on your visa.

2.Can I extend my tier 4 visa in UK?

To extend your visa you must have UK student visa or a 4 Tier visa. You may be able to extend your 4 Tier visa and continue your course or start a new course.

3.How long is Tier 4 visa valid for?

A visa is valid for the duration of your degree and you get four months further, after completion of your course. During this period you can look for a job or study further.

4.Can I study as a distance learner?

If you are a 4 Tier Visa holder, you are required to travel to UK for your applied course. You can apply for a short-term study visa.

5.I already have a Tier 4 visa for an institution. Can I use this visa to study at another institution?

If you want to study at another institute, you need to make a new 4-tier visa even if you still have time left on your current visa. 4 tier visa ties you with the institution whose CAS you used to apply for the visa application.

6.When should I apply for the visa?

Applying for a visa from your home country, you need to apply as soon as possible but you cannot apply more than 3 months before the commencement of the course that is mentioned in the CAS.

7.What documents do I need to make a Tier 4?

  • CAS reference number and documents used to obtain.
  • Current passport.
  • Passport size color photograph.
  • Assessments documentation.
  • Evidence of funds to provide your living expenses for the duration of one's course.

8.Can I use CAS more than once?

A new CAS is required every time you apply for the Tier 4 visa. Even if your visa is refused do not use the same CAS again, your visa will be refused once again.

9.Do I need UK address for my visa application?

Yes. You need to include the address. If you have applied for the university accommodation and you haven't received any notice of which hall of residence you are allotted then you need to mention the main address of the university.

10.How much money do I need to show?

You need to show that you have enough money to cover the first-year tuition fees along with the money to cover your living expenses for nine months.

11.Do I need an ATAS Certificate?

ATAS Certificate depends upon your study course. The offer letter that you will receive will tell you if you need to apply for ATAS. If your offer letter tells you to apply then you must apply before you make the Tier 4 visa application because ATAS Certificate needs to be included in the visa.

For any queries, you can seek answers from the professional leading study in UK consultant, Edwise today!

Canadian Visas for Work, Citizenship, Study & Immigration

Also read: 5 Best Study Abroad Programs for Indian Students

Back to All "Overseas Education Articles, Resources, Tips and Tricks"


For Complete Information About Overseas Education, Contact Edwise Overseas Education Consultants, on 1-800-102-0336 (Toll Free)

Post your comment


Be Wise Apply Through Edwise

Request An Appointment

Get Social with us

Subscribe For Our Blogs