Book an Appointment for free counselling MEET A COUNSELOR

Study Abroad Guide

FAQs About Study In Australia

October 2021

We all know Australia is famous for its Kangaroos but it is not just that, it is one of the diverse countries. It is a safe society with excellent living. It is also known as the most prominent study destination. There are around 41 universities in Australia of which 39 universities are run by the government. It offers a vast range of courses to international students even the faculties are friendly, kind and helpful. They encourage students to be at their utmost. Australia also offers the opportunity of post-study work experience.

As a prospective student looking to study in Australia, here are some FAQs for students.

Study in Abroad

How do I apply to study in Australia?

All the universities in Australia provide an online process. Students need to fill those forms and submit them. After getting approval from the university and you pay the fees and receive a letter of confirmation, you can use this to secure a student visa.

Are there any admission criteria?

Yes!! Students need to meet entry requirements specified by the universities. These criteria vary. It is based on programs, universities. Criteria for undergraduate is a minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS whereas for post-graduation courses the minimum score is between 6.5-7.0 score in IELTS.

Can a student work in Australia while completing a course?

Yes!! students can work part-time when they are pursuing a course. Students are allowed to work for 20 hours per week when studying and can work full-time during vacations.

What kind of part-time work can students do?

Students can work in restaurants, super-market, malls, etc. Students can also look out for internships in their respective universities.

Do Australian universities accept the 10+2+3 education system of India?

Yes!! this system is used for the Master's program in Australia.

What are the different study levels that we can apply for to pursue higher education in Australia?

Students can apply for undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses. They can also apply for the packages courses which involve certificate +Diploma leading to undergraduate and graduate diplomas degree leading to postgraduate.

Which English Test is required to be accepted in Australian Universities?

The most common test that is required to get accepted in Australian universities is the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Other than this test, Australian universities also accept another proficiency test like Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Paper-based test, Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE), Cambridge English: Advanced and Occupational English Test (OET)

What are the accommodation options available in Australia?

Students can opt for on-campus dorms facilities or they can also look for off-campus accommodation. Many universities provide on-campus facilities for international students but students need to apply for them beforehand. In off-campus accommodation, students share an apartment with other fellow students. The other option is that students can rent a room and stay with the local Australian family.

Do international students need health cover in Australia?

International students need to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) during the whole course period. Students can also consider purchasing private health insurance items.

Can I change courses or university if I don't like it?

Yes! Students can change university or course, although there are strict conditions set by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

For further assistance or queries related to Study in Australia, Study in Ireland, Study in the UK, Study in the USA, etc you can contact us, Edwise International, and avail of our wide range of services for students on destinations

Courses to Study in Abroad

Also read: Questions You Must Ask a University at a Virtual Fair

Back to All "Overseas Education Articles, Resources, Tips and Tricks"


For Complete Information About Overseas Education, Contact Edwise Overseas Education Consultants, on 1-800-102-0336 (Toll Free)

Post your comment


Be Wise Apply Through Edwise

Request An Appointment

Get Social with us

Subscribe For Our Blogs