Book an Appointment for free counselling MEET A COUNSELOR

Study Abroad Guide

Career Guidance After 12th In The USA | Study in The USA

October 2021

Whenever we talk about study abroad the first country that strikes our mind in the USA. The USA is one of the finest countries in the world which has many of the universities in the list of top-ranking universities. It is equipped with a higher standard of education for every student. It is the country that helps one fulfil their desire. The USA is the leading study destination amongst students to step into the challenging world of education after completing their 12th standard. Here is career guidance for students who opt to study in the USA, after the 12th.

Study in Abroad

Study in the USA for Indian students after 12th

There are different types of undergraduate or after 12th courses available in the USA for Indian students. Securing qualifying marks in the 12th standard from an Indian education system brings you closer to your dream of study in the USA. The United States also offers scholarships to international students.

How to study in the USA

After completing 12th grade the first criteria to study in the USA is clearing English Language Proficiency. For that taking IELTS or TOEFL is the best way. Most of the universities have English Language Proficiency, the general score requirement is 6.5 to 7.0. Sometimes it depends on the course the student select. The accurate criteria can be found on the university's website. There are also some universities in the USA that accept admission without IELTS. The other criteria are the student need to complete 18 years of age for some of the courses, the criteria for SAT score is between 600-800. after receiving the acceptance letter from the university, students are required to apply for a student visa in the USA.

Types of degree level

The USA offers two types of undergraduate degrees are 2 years undergraduate degree and 4 years undergraduate degree. 2 years degree is known as an Associate degree. These degrees can be obtained at vocational schools, technical colleges, community colleges. There are some universities that offer Associate degrees too. Students either earn an AA degree which is Associate in Arts or AS degree that is Associate in Science. There is also AAS, Associate in Applied Science.

Another one is the most common degree. It is called a Bachelor's degree. It is a full-time four years course.

Popular courses in the USA for Science students

After completing 12th Grade from the science background but don't want to get into the medical field. The courses also lead students to gain immense research knowledge and practical exposure. Here are some of the courses.

  • B.S. in Biological Chemistry
  • Bachelor of Biology
  • BS in Applied Physics
  • Bachelor of Science.

  • Popular courses in the USA for Medical Students.

    The international student who wants to be in a medical field needs to clear SAT exam and apply for 4 years of undergraduate courses in Medicine. The MBBS is designated as MD and Doctor of Medicine in the USA. There are 2 main courses in medical after 12th

    • Bachelor of Medicine
    • Bachelor of Surgery

    Other popular courses

    • Computer Science
    • Business and Management
    • Law
    • Social Science
    • Fine Arts
    • Accounting
    • Hospitality and Tourism Management.

    Admission Intake

    Indian students who wish to study in the USA, after the 12th standard should know that there are three intakes available for admission in the universities. There are some universities that refer to intakes as semesters.

    1. Spring Intake: it is also called January intake because it starts in the month of January and lasts till May. It is a second intake in the USA which means students who missed to apply in the fall intake can apply in January intake.

    2. Fall Intake: this intake starts in the month of September and it is a popular intake among Indian students. The duration of this intake is from September to December. It is also known as September Intake.

    3. Summer Intake: This intake is available for limited programs and it starts in the month of May.

    To know more about Study in USA or queries related to Study in Australia, Study in Ireland, Study in the UK, Study in the USA, etc you can contact us, Edwise International, and avail of our wide range of services for students on destinations

    Courses to Study in Abroad

    Also read: Questions You Must Ask a University at a Virtual Fair

    Back to All "Overseas Education Articles, Resources, Tips and Tricks"


    For Complete Information About Overseas Education, Contact Edwise Overseas Education Consultants, on 1-800-102-0336 (Toll Free)

Post your comment


Be Wise Apply Through Edwise

Request An Appointment

Get Social with us

Subscribe For Our Blogs