The University of Southern Mississippi was Founded in 1910, and opened its doors as a
small teachers’ college. Today, the University has grown into a comprehensive doctoral
and research-driven institution with a proud history and an eye on the future.
With a diverse student body of approximately 15,000 students representing 71 foreign
countries, all regions of the United States and every corner of Mississippi, we celebrate
diversity in every sense of the word.
Location & Facilities
The University of Southern Mississippi, known informally as Southern Miss, is a public
research university located in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. It is situated 70 miles north of
Gulfport, Mississippi and 105 miles northeast of New Orleans, Louisiana.Southern Miss
Gulf Coast is composed of one campus and three teaching sites.
Gulf Park campus is located on the beachfront in Long Beach, Mississippi
Gulf Coast Research Laboratory is located on the beachfront in Ocean Springs,
Southern Miss offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in six colleges – Arts
and Letters, Business, Education and Psychology, Health, Nursing and Science and
List of Departments
More than 90 undergraduate academic majors and 80+ graduate programs
- College of Arts and Letters
- College of Business
- College of Education and Psychology
- College of Health
- College of Nursing
- College of Science and Technology
Regional Scholarship for International Freshmen
- Represents the full value of non resident tuition
- Eligible candidates must meet one of the following criteria:
- (1) a minimum ACT sum score of 105 or higher (or combined SAT score of 1200 or
higher); (2) a 3.5 GPA; or
(3) be in the top 10% of your high school graduating class.
Regional Scholarship for International Transfer Students
- Represents the full value of nonresident tuition
- Eligible candidates must have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average and have 48
credit hours completed or in progress.
Spring ,Summer, Fall
Click here to Download Application form