The University was established in 1796 .It's over 210 years since Professor John Anderson's legacy established what is now the University of Strathclyde.In the 21st century, we are also Scotland's third largest university with an international reputation and outlook, with students and staff from over 100 countries.Strathclyde is a modern, vibrant university with nearly 16,000 students and 3,400 staff
- 1 of only 40 business schools in the world (out of 3500), and only Scottish business school with international accreditation (AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS).
- Top 5 in the UK, top 20 in Europe (European Business School Rankings, Financial Times, Nov 2008 & 2009).
- Number one in Scotland – by a wide margin - for research excellence and 7th equal in the UK (UK RAE 2008).
- 3rd in UK, and 27 in the world. (Financial Times Global Master in Management, October 2009).
- 1st in Scotland, 10th equal in UK, 18th in Europe and 51st in the world. (Financial Times Global MBA survey Jan 2010).
- Top 95 in the world (Executive MBA rankings, Financial Times, 2010).
- SBS' Department of Accounting and Finance has been ranked at number 3 in The Times' Good University Guide 2010 and at number 3 in the Complete University Guide subject league table for 2010, which is compiled in association with The Independent.
- The department of Human Resource Management is recognised by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) as a Centre of Research Excellence, one of only 10 in the UK and the only one in Scotland.
- SBS became Europe's first university faculty to be awarded a licence to operate an MBA in the UAE.
- SBS operates 9 offshore centres in Europe, SE Asia and the Gulf, and has around 50 international exchange partners.
Location & Facilities
We're right in the heart of Glasgow Scotland's biggest and most cosmopolitan city. The city centre has a vibrant arts scene, cutting-edge music, legendary nightlife, an exciting selection of places to eat out and much more. Glasgow is served by 2 international airport with easy conncetion from London & Edinburgh . As well as its thriving street culture, Glasgow has more than its fair share of high culture, with a year-round programme of arts and music. There are over 20 museums and galleries, and the city is home to Scottish Opera, the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra and Scottish Royal Ballet.
As an institution we are and always will be very much a part of Glasgow and the west coast of Scotland. Student Union and the library - as well as Glasgow's shops, cafes, bars and cinemas.Every study bedroom offers web access - and you can even stay in touch when you're out and about with 400 wifi hotspots across the University giving you free wireless access whenever you need it.
At Strathclyde, we'll provide secure accommodation for every new student where you can make friends and feel at the centre of university life.Living on campus is a great way to meet people and make friends. With 2,000 rooms available. All just minutes from most of the University buildings,
In the city centre, our John Anderson Campus houses students in a student village right in the heart of Glasgow.
The campus village
Over 1,440 students live in the University's campus village in the heart of the John Anderson Campus. A further 400 live in University accommodation within close walking distance of the Campus.
List of Departments / Schools / Faculty / College
- Strathclyde Business School
- Faculty of Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences (HaSS)
- Faculty of Science
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Management, Department of
- Management Science
- Welcome to the Department of Marketing
- Chemical & Process Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Design, Manufacture & Engineering Management
- Electronic & Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- National Centre for Prosthetics & Orthotics
- Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering
- School of Applied Social Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Government & Public Policy
- School of Humanities
- School of Law
- School of Psychological Sciences & Health
- Chemistry, Pure and Applied Chemistry
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy & Biomedical Sciences
We offer a range of scholarships and bursaries for students who show academic merit.
Click here to Download Application form