Sheffield Hallam University is one of the UK's most progressive and innovative universities.Sheffield Hallam University traces its roots back to 1843, when the Sheffield School of Design was founded. In 1905 the City of Sheffield Training College on Collegiate Crescent admitted its first 90 students.In 1976 the Polytechnic was renamed to Sheffield City Polytechnic. In 1992 earned the right to the title of University and the right to award its own degrees and became Sheffield Hallam University.
More than 6,000 students, including over 1,300 international students from 100 different countries.Our industry partners choose University has 4,100 staff ,and over 200 academic staff and a turnover of £150 million.We work with around 70 professional bodies, and with business and industry leaders including Sony, BP, NHS, Network Rail, Cisco, SAP and Microsoft.Univeristy has a broad portfolio of research across 21 research centres and 8 research groups.
In the Research Assessment Exercise 2008, our research activity has been rated as follows:
- 96 per cent of research to be of national standard
- 8 per cent gained the top rating of 4*, meaning the quality is world leading
- 68 per cent was rated as international quality
Sheffield Hallam are placed sixth for research quality and volume compared with all other modern universities.
Univeristy has lot of accredaition like ACCA , CIM , CIPD ,CMI ,RICS etc.
Location & Facilities
SHU is based in the heart of the country in Britain's fifth largest city. Major road and rail networks link Sheffield directly with the rest of the country and the city itself is served by excellent bus and supertram services. Sheffield is two and a half hour away from london by train.Major cities Manchester , liverpool,Leeds and york are one hour away.
We have two campuses located within minutes of each other. Our City Campus is directly adjacent to Sheffield's central Passenger Transport Interchange at Pond Street, and is a two minute walk from Sheffield's Midland railway station. Collegiate Crescent Our second campus, only a couple of miles away, is a complete contrast. The Collegiate Campus is set among lawns and trees in one of Sheffield's leafiest suburbs - just as typical of this city, England's greenest, as the bustling city centre.In May 2005 we opened the impressive Robert Winston Building at Collegiate Crescent Campus.Both our campuses have wireless networking and IT facilities, learning centre, traditional library services, sports & fitness services, gyms etc.
Catered Halls:situated at Collegiate Crescent campus within walking distance of city centre.
Self catered University managed residences:all situated close to the univeristy campuses.
List of Departments / Schools / Faculty / College
- Faculty of Arts, Computing, Engineering and Sciences
- Faculty of Development and Society
- Faculty of Health and Wellbeing
- Sheffield Business School
- Business systems and IT
- Communication, media and journalism
- Engineering and technology
- Mathematics and statistics
- Built environment
- Criminology and community justice
- English and history
- Film, theatre and performance
- Planning, regeneration and housing
- Social sciences
- Short courses
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Management and Leadership
- Occupational Therapy
- Operating Department Practitioners
- Paramedic Studies
- Radiotherapy and Oncology
- Social Work
- Accounting,banking & Finance
- Tourism, Hospitality & Event Management
- International Achievement Scholarship
- International Occupational Therapy Scholarship
September / January
Click here to Download Application form