The Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS), founded in 1956, is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning. MDIS has two main subsidiaries: Management Development Institute of Singapore Pte Ltd (MDIS Pte Ltd) to oversee its Singapore academic operations, and MDIS International Pte Ltd to further its globalisation strategy.
MDIS provides well-accredited courses, seminars and management services and opportunities for individuals to develop professionally through academic programmes in Business and Management, Engineering, Fashion Design, Information Technology, Life Sciences, Mass Communications, Psychology and Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Management. They are offered in collaboration with highly acclaimed universities in Australia, France, the United Kingdom and the United States of America. Its current enrollment is approximately 9000 students out of which about 3000 are international students from over 49 countries.
Location & Facilities
The S$35 million MDIS Campus in Stirling Road occupies a three-hectare land area.
- Accommodation: On Campus.
The MDIS Residences@Stirling is the very first Hostel in Singapore to be awarded the Green Mark Gold Plus Award. Costing S$80 million, the new 15-storey hostel consists of 782 air-conditioned rooms, 14 suites, a lecture theatre and cafeteria. The hostel can accommodate some 1,700 students. The hostel has eco-friendly features and integrated facilities so that students can live, learn and play in an interactive and conducive environment.
- Cafeteria with Indian/Chinese/Japanese/Malay/Vietnam/Eastern/Western food counters at subsidised rates
- CAU – Career Assistance Unit for supporting students with Job search in search Singapore.
- Air Conditioned Gym
- Air conditioned Dance Floor
- Air conditioned Music Room
- TV Studio/ Radio Studio
- Eco friendly Indoor Auditorium
- Access to recognised swimming pools in Singapore
- Indoor Air conditioned Shuttle Badminton Court with Badminton Club
- Photography Club
- Toastmaster Club
List of Departments / Schools / Faculty / College
- MDIS Business School
- School of Engineering
- School of Fashion & Design
- School of Media & Communications
- School of Psychology
- School of Technology & E-Learning
- School of Tourism & Hospitality
- School of Health & Life Sciences
- School of Postgraduate Studies
MDIS Business School
MBA University of Bradford, UK
MBA University of Wales, UK
MSC in Management (Marketing / Banking & Finance) University of Wales, UK
Master in International Business Grenoble Graduate School of Business, France
Master of Science in Finance Grenoble Graduate School of Business, France
BSc (Hons) + Advanced Diploma (Including 2 bridging module from Diploma) University of Bradford, UK
BSc (Hons) + Advanced Diploma + Diploma University of Bradford, UK
BBA (International Business / Marketing) Diploma Southern Cross University+ Higher Diploma + Advanced Diploma
BBA (International Business / Marketing) Diploma Southern Cross University + Higher Diploma + Advanced Diploma + Diploma Southern Cross University, AU
School of Engineering:
Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering / Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering University of Bradford, UK
Diploma in Engineering University of Bradford, UK
School of Media and Communication:
Bachelor of Arts (Mass Comm) + Advanced Diploma Oklahoma City University
Bachelor of Arts (Mass Comm) + Advanced Diploma + Diploma Oklahoma City University
Bachelor of Arts (Mass Comm) + Advanced Diploma + Diploma + PCMC Oklahoma City University
School of Tourism and Hospitality:
Master of International Toursim and Hotel Management Southern Cross University, AU
BSC (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management + Foundation Degree University of Sunderland
BSC (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management + Foundation Degree + Diploma University of Sunderland
School of Fashion and Design:
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Fashion Design Nottingham Trent University, UK
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Fashion Marketing & Branding Nottingham Trent University, UK
Diploma in Fashion Design and Marketing Nottingham Trent University, UK
School of Life science:
Master of Science in Healthcare Management University of Wales, UK
Bachelor of Science (Hons) Biotechnology Northumbria University, UK
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Biomedical Sciences University of Bradford, UK
Foundation Certificate in Biomedical Sciences
School of Technology and E Learning:
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Business Computing (University of Bradford, UK) + Advance Diploma in Business Computing University of Bradford, UK
Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Business Computing(University of Bradford, UK) + Advance Diploma in Business Computing + Diploma in Information Technology University of Bradford, UK
Scholarships and Grants
MDIS has announced the Merit Scholarships and the Study Credit Scheme worth SGD 4.00 million for International students, the scholarship s and grants will eventually help close to 2,000 international students from across the world.
MDIS Merit Scholarship 2013
The MDIS International Students Merit Scholarship is an initiative aimed at providing high-calibre students with the opportunity to develop to their full potential. It offers scholarships to outstanding students pursuing their studies with MDIS.
The MDIS International Students Merit Scholarship is open to new students seeking a Pre Degree, Degree or Master’s Degree. The scholarship will cover the subsidised portion of the tuition fee payable by International students and the awards are deducted from the last instalment of the tuition fees.
Merit Scholarships are available in the following categories:
- Partial scholarships for Master's Degrees valued at SGD 4,000 each
- Partial scholarships for Bachelor's Degrees valued at SGD 3,200 each
- Partial scholarships for Pre Degree valued at SGD 500 each
Phase 1: 1st Feb to 31st August 2013
Scholarship will be announced in Oct 2013
Phase 2: 1st Sept 2013 to 31st March 2014
Scholarship will be announced in May 2014
- apply for admission to MDIS before scholarship applications can be reviewed
- have demonstrated record of academic achievement
- strong leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- be eligible to apply for merit scholarship (refer to the link)
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will be used to offset the course fees and it will be deducted from the last instalment.
- The Scholarship does not carry any work bond for successful applicants.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to go through an interview before being awarded the scholarships.
- MDIS reserves the right to select the scholarship recipients.
MDIS Study Credit Scheme 2013
MDIS has announced the Study Credit Scheme for international students who wish to study with MDIS.
To cater to the more diverse group of international students from the region, the scholarship will be offered at two levels- Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree.
Study Credit Scheme
- $2500 for Masters Degree programme
- $2000 for Bachelor Degree programme
Study Credit Scheme Period
- The Study Credit Scheme closes on 31st July 2013
Terms and Conditions
- Study Credit will be deducted from the last instalment
- Awarded students must start class by 31st Dec 2013
- Students receiving the Study Credit Scheme will not enjoy any other rebates or tuition grants
Post Graduate (Major intake): April, July, Sept, and Oct
Undergraduate (Major intake): Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov
Click here to Download Application form