Le Cordon Bleu is considered by many to be the world’s premier culinary arts institute. Professionals, amateurs, and enthusiasts come to Le Cordon Bleu for a superior culinary education delivered by experienced and awarded Master Chefs.
When you choose to train with us, you’ll see the difference.
- A long and proud tradition of excellence
- Knowledgeable and experienced instructors and mentors
- A world class culinary and hospitality education
- Career opportunities in the world’s leading restaurants, hotels and resorts
- Join a network of distinguished and famous alumni
- Innovative, industry relevant training
Learn from the Best
Only the very best academic staff and chefs are employed at Le Cordon Bleu. They bring with them many years of industry experience and leadership in hospitality at all levels. Graduates of Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand will leave with a qualification respected around the world for excellence, and an edge over others competing on the global stage.
Location & Facilities
With a brand new, fully equipped training kitchen and student learning spaces, the campus is situated in the heart of Wellington’s vibrant dining and entertainment quarter. Classes incorporate the latest technologies to support learning, and students are encouraged to work together to emulate the teamwork culture found in the world’s greatest kitchens. With some of the country’s best restaurants and cafes just a few steps from our doors, you are never far from a uniquely New Zealand experience, inside and outside the kitchen.
List of Departments / Schools / Faculty / College
Contact Edwise Center
Contact Edwise Center
Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand invites applications for the Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Business Scholarships each worth NZD $36,000 (over 3 years).
Who is Eligible
- New Zealand citizens and permanent residents of any age are welcome to apply.
- Australian citizens and permanent residents of any age are welcome to apply.
- Applications must have met standard New Zealand university degree entry requirements and must be over the age of 17 at course commence.
- Students who are in their final year of high school at the time of application will need to provide forecast evidence of achievements.
How To Apply
Applicants should complete the Scholarship application form and provide certified copies of supporting documents including academic transcript, current passport or birth certificate, character reference, resume and evidence of any other achievements. In addition applicants are required to submit a one page essay on why they would like to study the Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Business at Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand. Applications must be received by 31st December 2015.
Do You Have A Degree Of Interest In The Culinary Arts?
Applications will be assessed by a panel of three consisting of representatives from Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand and local hospitality industry. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by phone for an interview. All applicants will be notified by 31st January 2016.
Notes For Application
Please read the following notes before completing the application form
1. The Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Business Scholarships are being offered to celebrate the 120th anniversary of Le Cordon Bleu.
2. The Scholarships are for students who are applying to study the Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Business. (it is not available to existing bachelor of culinary arts students.)
3. The Scholarships will be awarded to outstanding candidates who meet the following criteria:
• meet the entry requirements and have applied to enroll in the Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Business
• are 17 years of age or older by course commence date
• have graduated from high school with a strong academic record
• demonstrate a passion for the business of culinary arts
• agree to participate in extra curricular activities as required to support and represent Le Cordon Bleu Institute New Zealand
4. The successful candidates will have a NZD $12,000 per annum reduction in their tuition fees (maximum of 3 years). The Scholarship may be suspended or terminated if it is considered the scholar has not made satisfactory academic progress in each year of study.
5. The balance of tuition fees will not be invoiced until after the Scholarship recipients have accepted and been announced
6. Upon receipt of all applications a short list of candidates will be drawn up to be reviewed by the selection panel. The final selection of short listed candidates will be made after a personal interview (via phone) and will take into account factors such as academic merit, character, extra-curricular activities and commitment to studying business and the culinary arts at Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand.
7. Applications must be made on the official form and should be sent with copies of required documents, along with an application to enrol in the Bachelor of Culinary Arts and Business, to: Le Cordon Bleu New Zealand Private Bag 999045 Manners St Central Wellington 6142 New Zealand OR scan to: NZscholarships@cordonbleu.edu
8. The closing date for applications is 31st December 2015. No application fee is required.
Click here to Download Application form