Years of Establishment
- Founded in 1901 in Paris
- Located in Rouen since 1978
A Grande Ecole - a Premier French Graduate School of Engineering - ESIGELEC, fully recognized by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research, has been delivering and developing quality education since its inception in 1901. ESIGELEC has a strong focus on the internationalization of its courses and works closely with over 3000 companies in France and elsewhere in the world like Renault, Areva, Valeo, Thales, France Telecom, Aircelle, EDF, to name a few.
- ESIGELEC offers programmes across levels, starting with its flagship French Engineering Degree to research
- IRSEEM, a prestigious research laboratory is part of the ESIGELEC group
- ESIGELEC has a strong focus on the internationalization of its courses. Manipal University, Vellore Institute of Technology, Punjab Engineering College, Chitkara University and NIT-Warangal are its partner institutions in India.
- ESIGELEC is fully recognized by the French Ministry of Higher Education and
- ESIGELEC is a member of the French Conference of Leading Management and Engineering Schools (CGE)
- ESIGELEC is a member of the Conference of Directors of French Engineering Schools (CDEFI)
- EUR-ACE label (European Accreditation for Engineering Degrees)
- 10th out of 210 French engineering schools (authorized to grant the Engineering
ESIGELEC has a strong and dynamic student and club life in a friendly environment
Community life managed by the students of ESIGELEC within the students Union (BDE), the Sports club (BDS) and the international students association (BDI) is very rich. The implications of the engineering students are numerous in the cultural, technico-economic, sporting or charitable fields.
International student strength: 30 nationalities represented
Location & Facilities
Location: in Saint Etienne du Rouvray, at the South entry of Rouen. One hour and 15 minutes from Paris.
- ESIGELEC is exceptionally well situated in the Madrillet Technology Park:
Scientific Pole gathering higher education establishments, research institutes, high technology companies and Moveo (French Automotive Cluster).
- Accommodation Facilities: 2 student residences nearby the school
- Other facilities: shopping centre, cafeteria, markets, post office, banks, Exhibition Park (Zenith) and sports facilities.
List of Departments / Schools / Faculty / College
1. Embedded Systems & Instrumentation
2. Electronics and Telecommunication Systems
3. Communication and Information Technologies
4. Electrical Engineering and Energies
5. Humanities, Languages and Management,
- The French Engineeing Degreee Offered now in collaboration with ICAS (Manipal
University) Entry level Grade XII
- The 12 Majors
- Electronic systems of telecommunication
- Networks architecture and security
- Information Systems engineering
- Engineering of embedded systems
- Automation and industrial robotics
- Electrical engineering and transports
- Mechatronics and electrical engineering
- Energy and sustainable development
- Biomedical engineering
- Business engineer
- Finance engineer
- MST-IS Master in Sciences and Technolgoy Information Systems
- MST-EES Master in Sciences and Technolgoy Electronic Embedded Systems
- PhD. Programs
- The Eiffel France Scholarships are for international students wishing to study in France. The French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs launched the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme in January 1999 to support French centres of higher education in their international outreach initiatives. It aims to attract outstanding international students identified by French institutions of higher education.
Note: The institution will apply on behalf of the students, who have already gained admission to the Masters programme, on the basis of an internal selection process.
- ESIGELEC is one of 3 French engineering schools identified by Orange Telecom, the French Telecom Giant, to award ONE merit-based scholarship to an Indian student of 10000 (+ possibility of a paid internship of 6 months with ORANGE in France). The scholarship program will also include a free French language course, offered by the Embassy of France in India.
- Students who have already gained admission to the Masters programme may aslo apply for the Charpak Scholarship, awarded by the Embassy of France in India, on the basis of a national selection process.
- The average stipend paid during the internship is of 1000 monthly.
Duration & Intake
The French Engineering Degree (in collaboration with ICAS, Manipal University)
- Intake August
- Duration 2yrs ICAS (India) + 3 yrs ESIGELEC (France)
- Intake October
- Duration 18 months (including internship)
- Intake February
- Duration 18 months (including internship)
Scientific and Linguistic Adaptation Cycles can be organized depending on the number of students and the time of year
PhD programmes throughout the year
Note: Preference is given to students applying from partner institutions
Contact Edwise Center