Manipal University Dubai (MUD) is a branch campus of Manipal University, India, the largest private university in the country enrolling over 25,000 students across 23 disciplines.Manipal University established its presence in Dubai, UAE in the year 2000. At present, Manipal University, Dubai enrols over 1,500 students from 26 nations across the globe and is an Indian multi-disciplinary university in the region.
The campus also houses a sprawling library, cafeteria, abundant indoor and outdoor sporting facilities, including an athletics track, tennis courts, a gym and fitness centre and a recreation centre for boys and girls. The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled.
The university’s branch campus in Dubai builds on the same pedigree and quality that has seen MU reach these lofty heights in India.
Beyond academics, students at MU, Dubai get ample exposure to extra-curricular events, sports activities and other cultural events. The university has a flourishing sports team which has won laurels at all leading university level events in the region and is equally active in cultural and literary activities in Dubai.
Recognitions and Accreditation
Manipal University, Dubai is approved by:
- University Grants Commission(UGC), India
- Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD), Government of India
- Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA), Government of Dubai.
- Ranked No. 3 among MBA Programs in the Middle East (Forbes Middle East)
- Asia’s Top 200 universities - QS University Rankings: Asia 2014
- Ranked No. 1 among Private & Deemed Universities in India (The WEEK, June 2014)
- Ranked 1st among RP by private universities in India
- AAA+ rating among top private deemed universities in India
- Ranked 5th among top private universities in India
- Ranked No. 8 among colleges/Universities in India - University Web Ranking 2014
- Ranked 85 among BRICS countries 2014 - QS University Rankings
Location & Facilities
1. Labs :Well-equipped labs aid hands-on learning for students
2. Sports: Facilities for sports give a well-rounded education experience
3. Library: The library provides easy access to e-resources and the latest editions of books and journals
Manipal University, Dubai located in the Academic City, offers comprehensive & well-integrated common facilities including a food court, auditorium and beautifully landscaped surroundings. Apart from the above, the campus offers the following facilities:
Our Library provides general and curriculum related information, learning resources, facilities and systems students to support the quality and standards of academic programs and classroom instructions, and to support the professional development of the faculty. The Library has a wide variety of educational and research material, which goes beyond the levels of the programs.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
The campus fulfils the computing needs of students, as required by today's information technology demands to prepare them for the future. Computer Labs are provided with advanced business software, peripheral and interactive terminals.
The campus encourages students and faculty to be involved in recreational sport through intramural, extramural competitions and tournaments. The campus provides separate sports facilities for boys and girls in addition to an outdoor court for playing Basketball, Volleyball, Throw ball, Tennis and Handball. The facilities are supervised and maintained by a separate instructor, who is also responsible for training the students and supervising their activities.
The Knowledge Village provides Student Visas. Details regarding necessary fee and administrative expenses towards providing visas can be obtained from the Admissions Office.
A student whose visa is sponsored by the Campus will have access to medical care given by the Dubai Government. Other students follow rules and regulations of the Emirate. First aid and primary medical assistance is offered by staff members who have been trained for this purpose.
The campus provides students with comfortable, cost and time effective transportation within Dubai, Sharjah and Ajman.
The Manipal University provides residential facilities for girls and boys.
It is a home away from home for students, who live in perfect harmony with each other.
This facility includes comfortable accommodation, food, transport, a mini gymnasium and internet facilities.
Admission to the residential facility will be granted on the fulfilment of the following conditions:
1. Admission to any of the programs of the college.
2. Payment of the hostel fees for the whole year.
For admission to this facility, students need to register well in advance to confirm their stay and are also required to sign the hostel contract at the time of registration.
STUDENT SERVICES AND COUNSELING
All student activities within the University are taken care of by the Student Services Officer.
Students seeking advice in any academic or personal matter can meet with the counsellor at any time suitable to the student. All matters relating to such issues are held strictly confidential.
List of Departments / Schools / Faculty / College
- Architecture & Design
- Information Sciences
- Media & Communication
- School Of Life Sciences
1.Architecture & Design
4.Media & Communication
5.School of Life Sciences
- BA - Interior Design
- BDES - Interior Design
- Bachelor of Architecture (Barch)
- BSc - Applied Science
- BTech - Chemical Engineering
- BTech - Civil Engineering
- BSc - Information Systems & Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- BA – media and communication
- Bsc biotechnology
- MA - Interior Design
- MTech - Construction Engineering and Management
- MTech - Digital Electronics & Advanced Communication
- MTech - Manufacturing Engineering & Technology
- MSc - Information Science
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration - Global Business
- MA - Media & Communication
- MSc Medical Biotechnology
- MSc Molecular Biology & Human Genetics
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cellular & Molecular Diagnostics
Manipal University, Dubai, offers following scholarships recognizing the merit of deserving candidates:
1. Merit Scholarships for students from CBSE / ISC, for entering in to Undergraduate programs as a waiver of first semester tuition fee
2. Merit Scholarships for students from A level schools, for entering in to Undergraduate programs as a waiver of first semester tuition fee
3. Sports scholarship will be awarded @ 5% to 50% discount on full year tuition fees for those students who have represented National / State teams as per the Sports Scholarship policy - (Sport scholarships will be decided based on the decision of the Sports committee after personal Interview and Document Evaluation)
Extended scholarship for lateral admissions from 2nd Semester onwards
Alumni Scholarships for Master Program: 15% waiver on full year tuition fee for students whose CGPA is 9 & above on 10 point scale and 3.6 & above on 4 point scale
Merit Scholarship for MBA program for waiver on full year tuition fees
Click here to Download Application form