UWS was established in the year 1981.
UWS aspires to be a place that brings positive change in the lives of its students and a source of creativity and new knowledge that is relevant, robust and contributes to individual and community development. The University is culturally diverse, with over 2000 staff and about 35 000 students drawn from Australia and around the world. We are proud of the rich texture of history, knowledge and skills that the UWS community possesses.
Our University is designed for the knowledge economy of the 21st century where economic growth and social outcomes will depend on the skills of individuals and communities, and where education will be flexible and continually adapt to meet individual needs.
UWS courses are focused on the future. From professional education in vocationally-based disciplines through to critical scholarship in higher degree programs, the University ethos emphasises critical and questioning enquiry and innovation.
Location & Facilities
The University of Western Sydney has six campuses in the Greater Western Sydney region:
• Bankstown campus : The Bankstown campus is situated in the suburb of Milperra in the Bankstown Local Government Area. The campus is located on the corner of Horsley Road and Bullecourt Avenue, entrance is via Bullecourt Avenue.
• Nirimba Education Precinct, Blacktown campus : The Blacktown campus is situated in the suburb of Quakers Hill in the Blacktown Local Government Area.
• Campbelltown campus : The Campbelltown campus is situated in the suburb of Macarthur in the Campbelltown Local Government Area. The campus is located on the corner of Narellan Road and Gilchrist Drive, entrance is via Narellan Road.
• Hawkesbury campus : The Hawkesbury campus is situated in the suburb of Richmond, in the Hawkesbury Local Government Area.
• Parramatta campus and Westmead precinct : Parramatta campus is situated in the suburb of Rydalmere in the Parramatta Local Government Area.The campus consists of two sites; Parramatta South (main campus) and Parramatta North.
Both campuses are located on the corner of Victoria Road and James Ruse Drive. Entrance to Parramatta South is via Victoria Road.
• Penrith campus : The Penrith campus is situated in the suburb of Werrington, in the Penrith Local Government Area. The Penrith campus consists of three sites; Werrington North, Werrington South and Kingswood.
The Werrington North and South campuses are located on the Great Western Highway. Entrance to the North and South campuses is the Great Western Highway.
UWS offers a wide range of accommodation on each campus, providing you with high quality, affordable accommodation that gives a rich and balanced living and learning environment.
Student have the choice of self-catered accommodation ranging from residential halls to townhouses, cottages and units/apartments.
List of Departments / Schools / Faculty / College
The teaching styles you will encounter at UWS and the study techniques required might be very different from what you have been used to in your home country. There are different departments and varieties of Courses. Follwing are the details for the same:
Bachelor degrees available :
• Agriculture, Horticulture, Food and Natural Sciences
• Arts and International Studies
• Computing and Information Technology
• Creative and Communication Arts
• Engineering, Construction and Industrial Design
• Health Sciences and Sport Sciences
• Natural Environment
• Social Sciences
• Teaching and Education
• Tourism and Hospitality
Postgraduate degrees available :
• Accounting, Finance and Property Investment*
• Communication, Design and Media
• Engineering and Built Environment
• Health Sciences
• Information Technology and Computing
• International Business and Marketing
• Languages, Interpreting and Translation
• Social Sciences
• Teaching and Education
• Therapeutic Studies and Counselling
• International Hospitality and Hotel Management
Scholarships are not available to international students for UWS programs. However, you may like to investigate scholarships offered by the Australian Government to assist you with funding towards the cost of studying a course.
You may also be able to seek more information on availability of scholarships from the following categories:
• Government departments in your home or residence country
• Australian High Commission in your home or residence country
• Businesses and financial institutions Current or prospective employers Professional or industry associations
Major intakes for Australia are Feb and July. Wherin for some courses like MBA or Master of Business has multiple intakes like Feb, June & September.
Click here to Download PG Application form
Click here to Download UG Application form