The University was established in 1980, it is Australia’s first university and regard as it’s most prestigious, ranked as the world’s 27th most reputable university. The University is also known as one of the Australian’s sandstone universities.
Type of College: The University of Sydney is an Australian Public University in Sydney.
USP of the University:
1. Sydney University a member of prestigious Group of Eight universities, Australia’s major research intensive universities.
2. The main campus has been ranked in the top 10 of the world's most beautiful universities
3. Seven Nobel or Crafoord laureates have been affiliated with the university as graduates and faculty.
4. The university comprises 16 faculties and a school, through which it offers’s UG, PG & doctoral degree.
5. Dr Abdul Kalam was presented with an Honorary Doctorate of Engineering from the University of Sydney in May 2011.
Location & Facilities
The University of Sydney is located in the state of New South Wales. University has several campuses and faculties spread across greater Sydney.
The main campus is Camperdown & Darlington Campus.
On campus accommodation
Off campus accommodation
Facilities available to students:
1.Sporting facilities & clubs – fully equipped fitness centre, an Olympic -sized swimming pool and lots of outdoor space, including, tennis & ovals.
2. Cafes & resultants around the campus.
3. Transport safety & security
4. Learning Assistance
5.Library – The University of Sydney Library is the largest academic library in southern hemisphere. Have network of 12 libraries across all campuses.
6. Heath & welfare – Security services, health care & counseling services
7. IT services
8. Career Centre – University help students in making resume, refine interview skills, connect with industry & meet potential future employers.
List of Departments / Schools / Faculty / College
Faculties & School:
Agriculture & Environment , Architecture, Design & Planning, Arts & Social Science, Business, Dentistry, Education & Social Work, Engineering & Information Technology, Health Science, Law, Medicine, Nursing & Midwifery, Science, Pharmacy
Master of Architecture
Master of Philosophy
Master of Professional Accounting
Master of Professional Engineering
Master of Applied Science
Master of Medicine:
Master of Nursing
The University of Sydney has many scholarships available for international students. There are also scholarships that are funded by the government and various industries.
1. Dr Abdul Kalam International Scholarships –The faculty of Engineering & Information Technologies at the University offers the Dr Abdul Kalam International Undergraduate Tuition Fee Scholarships. He was presented with an Honorary Doctorate of Engineering from the University of Sydney in May 2011.
2. ACER International Student Scholarship – Business (AISS) – This is a tuition fee scholarship given to the students enrolling for Undergraduate Business program.
3. Australian Development Scholarship
4.Faculty of Architecture Dean's International Merit Scholarships – Bachelor of Design (Architecture) value $1000
5. International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS)
5. General Intake: Every year the University have two Intakes : Feb & July
6. Application Form: This is an online process.
Click here to Download Application form