La Trobe University is a major Australian institution and has a worldwide reputation for academic excellence and innovation. La Trobe’s courses are highly respected by employers and academic institutions internationally. La Trobe University was ranked among Victoria’s top 3 Universities in 2007 by the Shanghai Jiao Tong University Index.
La Trobe University has more than 26,500 students, including 4,900 international students from over 90 countries, and 2,700 staff. The University offers an exceptional student-to-staff ratio, ensuring students receive the academic support they need to succeed. It also provides a safe and supportive environment for all international students.
- Awarded A$123.7 million in Federal Government funding to establish the La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science in Melbourne and the La Trobe Rural Health School in Bendigo.
- Establishment of A$230 million Biosciences Research Centre at Melbourne (Bundoora) campus, a joint initiative with the Department of Primary Industries. The Centre will advance genomic plant and animal science and focus new generation biosciences on threats such as climate change.
- A foundation member of the Australian Synchrotron, La Trobe is signatory to a A$2.5 million five-year beamline partnership in association with a group of South Australian universities, enabling preferential access to 30 per cent of the facility’s capacity.
- Awarded funding for a new A$30 million Federal Government medical Cooperative Research Centre, in association with a number of research bodies, institutions and pharmaceutical companies.
- Establishment of a number of new research centres, including the Centre for Consumer Law Policy and the Musculoskeletal Research Centre.
- Awarded A$2.4 million by the Learning and Teaching Performance Fund to fund teaching and learning initiatives, including curriculum renewal projects and online subject development.
- Establishment of the Innovation and Knowledge Transfer Division to showcase research, attract industry partners, manage and commercialize intellectual property, and enhance relationships with the R & D Park.
- Australia’s first campus-based Microsoft Centre announced at La Trobe. The centre will provide cutting edge hardware and software, and enhance access to start-up facilities for research and product development.
Location & Facilities
La Trobe has seven campuses in total. La Trobe University’s largest campus and one of the most attractive university campuses in Australia, the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus covers 330 hectares (approx 500 acres) of stunning parkland with its own waterways and a wildlife sanctuary.
Students enjoy superb facilities including an outstanding academic library - offering access to the La Trobe University Library network of more than 2 million books, journals, international newspapers and resources - plus a well-known central student meeting place, Information Communication Technology services, multi-media facilities, residential colleges, a sports and leisure centre and swimming pool, tennis courts, food and retail outlets, banking, postal and medical services, careers and counselling services, language and academic skills assistance and childcare facilities – plus many more facilities.
La Trobe University offers extensive on-campus accommodation, including three residential colleges (two self-catering and one including breakfast and dinner daily), and student apartments at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus.
La Trobe has five faculties offering a wide range of courses, research programs and study options.
All faculties support and promote excellence through focusing on the student experience, quality teaching, and the right balance of theoretical and practical knowledge.
The Faculty of Education has a contemporary and innovative approach to education. It caters for a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and research interests in areas related to education (including applied linguistics and teacher training) and outdoor and environmental education.
The Faculty of Health Sciences is one of Australia’s leading health education providers. Our faculty is made up of four divisions with a commitment to high quality education and research.
Humanities and Social Sciences
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences offers a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. It is home to some of Australia's leading scholars and students enjoy a progressive environment in which they are supported to excel in their areas of interest and to develop their creativity, scholarship and ability to learn.
Law and Management
The Faculty of Law and Management is the Faculty of the professions. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in key areas of business, law and management, as well as undertaking leading-edge research. Research strengths include sustainability, economics and business policy.
Science, Technology and Engineering
The Faculty of Science, Technology and Engineering includes physical and biological sciences, agricultural and environmental sciences, computer science and engineering, electronic and civil engineering, nanotechnology, pharmacy and psychology. We combine quality, international research with a very practical approach to student learning.
List of Departments / Schools / Faculty / College
Faculty of Law, Business and the Creative Arts
- School of Business
- Information Technology
- International Tourism & Hospitality Management
La Trobe University offers more than 450 undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs, and encompassing traditional, professional, vocational and clinical fields of study. Many programs offer industry cadetships, placements or projects and are accredited by professional associations nationally and internationally.
Some of our popular postgraduate programs include the following :
- Master of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics
- MBA / Master of Biotechnology
- Master of Information Technology (MIT)
- Master of Nanotechnology
- MBA / Master of Telecommunication Engineering
- MBA . Master of Electronic Engineering
- MBA / MIT
- Master of Marketing Management
- Master of Professional Accounting / Master of Financial Analysis
- Master of Business Information Management & Systems
- Initial Registration for Overseas Nurses
- Master of Civil Engineering (Sustainable Infrastructure)
- Master of Teaching
La Trobe University offers a wide range of research programs at the Master’s by Research, Doctorate (Doctor of Philosophy), and Professional Doctorate level. Our academic staffs are committed to offering world-class supervision and an Orientation to Research program is offered to commencing research students. A number of research scholarships are regularly available to high achieving applicants.
- Biochemistry, Physiology and Molecular Science
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Environment and Agricultural Sciences
- Behavioural Sciences
- Australian Studies
- Literature and Culture
- Modern Asian Studies
- Health Systems, Reform and Delivery
- Mother and Child Health
- Sex, Health and Society
- Sustainable Communities and Regional Development
Contact Edwise Center
Contact Edwise Center
Click here to Download UG Application form
Click here to Download PG Application form