Deakin University established in the 1970s as one of the new generation of Australian universities,
Deakin combines a university's traditional focus on excellent teaching and research with
a desire to seek new ways of developing and delivering courses. Winner of the prestigious
Australian University of the Year award twice, Deakin was also commended with six Citations
for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning at the 2009 Australian Learning and Teaching
Council Awards. Deakin's courses are flexible so that students can tailor their degree to match
the career goals. Off-campus, online or part-time study options give you plenty of options to
choose how to structure your course. With more than 37000 students, the Deakin campuses
promise a strong community feeling and provide a supportive study environment. Deakin derives
its competitive edge from some key attributes like:
- Global experience - more than 6,200 international students from 80 countries.
- A quality degree – worldwide recognition by universities and professional associations.
- Internships – giving a practical relevance to your degree.
- Research Links - collaborations with the most eminent institutions to meet the requirement of Indian Industry and academia.
- Successfully placed Alumni – working with renowned organizations in Australia and across the globe.
- Job ready Graduates – Deakin innovative courses are structured to meet industry demands.
- Latest technology - supporting teaching and research
- Scholarships/Bursaries: are available for meritorious students
- Outstanding student support - including airport reception, counselling, peer support and study assistance.
- State-of-the-art campuses- giving you the choice of city or coastal living
- In-country Support – Deakin India office based in New Delhi has been providing guidance and support to Indian students for more than a decade.
Location & Facilities
Deakin University has four campuses - one in Melbourne's eastern suburbs,
two in the port city of Geelong just south of Melbourne, and one in Warrnambool
on the south-west coast of Victoria. Each has distinctive character and a strong
presence in the local community.
Accommodation is available in student residences at the Geelong Campus at
Waurn Ponds, the Warrnambool Campus and the Melbourne Campus at
Burwood. Each resident is housed in single room accommodation and has
phone and computer access. Bedrooms are furnished, heated and carpeted.
There are shared bathrooms, kitchens, laundry and recreational areas.
The residences have a common room with meeting rooms, kitchen,
television area and a large open space for social events.
Private off-campus accommodation
Many students choose to rent flats, apartments or houses with other students (shared housing), on their own, or with a family. The Division of Student Life has off-campus housing officers who help students with the same.
List of Departments / Schools / Faculty / College
Deakin University offers a range of professional and general degrees in a supportive and friendly environment. The Faculties at Deakin include:
Faculty of Arts and Education
- School of Communication and Creative Arts
- School of Education
- School of History Heritage and Society
- School of International and Political Studies
Faculty of Business and Law
- Deakin Business School
- School of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- School of Information Systems
- School of Law
- School of Management and Marketing
Faculty of Health, Medicine, Nursing and Behavioural Sciences
- School of Psychology
- School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
- School of Health and Social Development
- School of Nursing
- School of Medicine
Faculty of Science and Technology
- School of Architecture and Building
- School of Engineering
- School of Information Technology
- School of Life and Environmental Sciences
- Alfred Deakin Research Institute
- Institute of Koorie Education
- Institute of Teaching and Learning
- Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation
- Institute for Technology Research and Innovation
- Centre for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Biosciences (BioDeakin)
- Centre for Citizenship, Development and Human Rights
- Centre for Educational Leadership and Renewal
- Centre for Health through Action on Social Exclusion
- Centre for Intelligent Systems Research
- Centre for Leisure Management Research
- Centre for Material and Fibre Innovation
- Centre for Memory Imagination and Invention
- Centre for Mental Health and Well Being Research
- Centre for Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Centre for Research in Educational Futures and Innovation
- Centre for Teaching Asian Languages and Cultures
- Clinical Care, Quality and Risk Management group
- Cultural Heritage Centre for Asia and the Pacific
- Molecular and Medicine Research
- Population Health
PG: MBA (International), MBA (I)/MIF, Master of International Finance/Master of Professional Accounting, Master of International Business, Master of Engineering (Professional), Master of IT (Professional), Master of Biotechnology (Honours), Master of Communication, Master of Film and Video, M Res courses are also available.
UG: Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Management, Bachelor of Engineering , Bachelor of IT
Scholarships up to AUD 8000 per annum are available for meritorious students on First come first served basis.
Deakin University also announces Fee Bursaries worth $1,95,000/- for July 2010 intake ONLY:
Fee Bursaries up to $8000/-** are available for the courses on offer at various Deakin campuses i.e. Burwood campus at Melbourne, Waterfront campus and Waurn Ponds campus at Geelong and Warrnambool campus. Bursaries are available to students starting their academic program in July 2010 only.
Successful students will have their tuition fees reduced by:
- $2000/- for any course on offer at the Burwood Campus, Melbourne
- $5000/- for any course on offer at both the Geelong Campuse
- $8000/- for any course on offer at the Warrnambool Campus
Bursaries are available subject to quotas for enrolment in the undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the general Deakin University eligibility criteria.
- 15 April 2010 - Last date for submission of application for Bursaries
- 30 April 2010 - Last date for payment of fee for July 2010
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 11 26544700
3 Deakin has a trimester system and have intakes in: February, July & November
Click here to Download PG Application form
Click here to Download UG Application form