The GMAT is a computer based exam that measures your basic verbal, mathematical and analytical writing skills. The Verbal section measures your ability to understand and evaluate what you read, as well as your ability to recognize basic conventions of standard written English. The Quantitative section tests basic math skills, elementary concepts and quantitative reasoning ability. The Analytical writing assessment section measures your ability to think critically and communicate complex ideas in writing. GMAT scores are used by more than 3,000 graduate management programs throughout the world and is valid for a period of 5 years
Integrated Reasoning Section
The Integrated Reasoning section measures your ability to understand and evaluate multiple sources and types of information - graphic, numeric, and verbal, use both quantitative and verbal reasoning to solve complex and multiple problems in relation to one another
Integrated Reasoning has four types of questions:
• Multi Source Reasoning
• Table Analysis
• Graphics Interpretation
• Two-Part Analysis
Integrated Reasoning questions may be quantitative, verbal or a combination of both. You will have access to an online calculator with basic functions for the integrated reasoning section, but note that the calculator is NOT available on the quantitative section
The Quantitative section measures your ability to reason quantitatively, solve problems and interpret graphic data. Basic knowledge of arithmetic, elementary algebra and commonly known concepts of geometry is required
Two types of multiple choice questions are used in the quantitative section:
• Problem Solving
• Data Sufficiency
The Verbal section measures your ability to read and comprehend written material, to reason and evaluate arguments. This section includes reading sections from several different content areas
The Verbal section has three types of multiple choice questions:
• Reading Comprehension questions are based on the content of a passage
• Critical Reasoning questions are based on a short argument or a plan of action. Select the answer from the choices given
• Sentence Correction presents a sentence, part or all of which is underlined, below the sentence are five ways of phrasing the underlined part. The first option will always be the same as the underlined part; the other four are different. Select the answer that produces the most effective sentence
Analytical Writing Assessment
The Analytical Writing Assessment consists of a 30 minute writing task of an argument. This section measures your ability to think critically and communicate your ideas constructively
General Test Taking Strategies
• Use your time wisely
• Read all test directions carefully
• Do not spend too much time on any question
• Once you confirm a section exit, you CANNOT go back
• Make educated guesses instead of random guesses, it increases your probability of selecting the right answer
• Remember that any error in the sentence must be in the underlined part
• Do not choose an answer that changes the meaning of the original sentence
• Determine if parts of the sentence are linked logically
• Be aware of the common grammar and usage errors tested on the GMAT
• Identify critical reasoning type of questions
• Be sure to look out for facts/evidences
• Do NOT form an opinion about the statement or its claim<
I always thought GMAT is going to be a very difficult test to score, but due to my faculty's constant support and motivation, I achieved my desired scores. Edwise has trained faculties for coaching who know their job very well and they guide the students till the very end. Thanks.
Rahul Raipelly - GMAT Coaching
Your efforts and expert guidance has fetched me an admit in a top university. Instrumental in selecting universities, in preparation for application, recommendations and essays. It was a wonderful experience. Wishing you all the best for your future.
Name: Nilesh Borana
University: Purdue University
We at Edwise streamline and personalize the process for each student irrespective of the destination, institution, course or any level of study. Our team of experienced professionals will provide you individual attention and exceptional guidance throughout your process of application. We provide assistance related to course selections, admission, visa, bank-loan and scholarships. We also host University delegates for direct student interaction and all these services are provided free of cost. We have established since 1991 and have been maintaining strong networks with over 575 universities in 16 countries, hence giving us a unique insight into the finest educational establishments worldwide.
Start your education abroad with valuable information on everything you need to know about studying abroad from study permits, temporary resident visas and how much it costs, to finding a program.
Do visit your nearest Edwise branch & choose your university carefully under our expert guidance and ensure that you have all your paperwork in order. Once you apply, and the wait is over, you can really begin to look forward to not only studying in a beautiful and vibrant country, but also to a life experience quite like no other.
For complete details on GMAT examination,Contact Edwise on 1-800-200-3678 (Toll Free) / 08600911333.