A Master of Science degree (or MSc for short) is a degree awarded at universities around the world for completion of graduate-level study in a science- or technology-related field.
Enrolling in an MSc degree program translates to making a significant investment in one’s professional career. In addition to the enhanced career prospects that can be gained by taking a Master of Science, students also develop valuable personal skills and fulfill a crucial prerequisite to PhD study. Biological and Life Sciences, Business, Engineering and Technology, and the Natural Sciences are the key academic fields of study that offer Master of Science degree programs. Master of Science candidates normally have to do independent research and present a thesis as a requirement for graduation.
The variety of different Master of Science programs can be overwhelming - don't let it stop you! Start your search by looking at the most popular Master of Science degrees listed below.
MS in Australia
- The Masters of Science program in the Faculty of Science may be undertaken in the principal areas of research offered by the faculty, including: biological sciences, chemistry, earth sciences, environmental sciences, mathematical sciences, atmospheric sciences and physics.
- The Master of Science degree allows students to undertake independent research that contributes to knowledge in a specific area of science over a shorter period of time than a PhD.
- If you are unsure whether a PhD is right for you, a Master of Science can give you the experience of what studying for a doctorate might be like, while developing your skills and earning a degree that will enhance your employment prospects.
- Enrolling into 2 year Masters Program of Science in Australia gives you a 2 yr. Post study work visa that allows you to gain some international exposure.
- It is highlighted through the various ethnic groups living together.
MS in UK
- UK qualifications are both recognized and respected throughout the world and by studying in the UK you will be building a solid foundation for your future. UK colleges and universities provide a vibrant, creative and challenging environment in which to learn and develop your potential and their quality standards are among the best in the world. UK institutions continually have to prove that their courses meet strict criteria and many other countries are now trying to follow the standards set by the UK. Many of the world’s outstanding scientists, engineers, artists, writers, thinkers, politicians and business people have benefited from a UK education, including Bill Clinton, former President of the USA; Thabo Mbeki, President of South Africa; Desmond Tutu, Archbishop and human rights campaigner; RifatOzbek, fashion designer; Wole Soyinka, Nobel prize-winning author; Stelios Haji-Iaonnu, founder of the easy Group of businesses and Imran Khan, cricket legend and politician.
- A bachelor's degree, HND or Foundation Degree from a UK college or university will give you an edge when you're competing for a job or a place in a postgraduate course. It will prove to employers that you're capable of independent thought and self-discipline, used to conducting and analysing your own research and will let them know that you can make a real contribution to their company or organization. If you've got your sights set on academia for a while now, the research skills you'll gain provide the perfect introduction to future postgraduate study.
- UK undergraduate qualifications let employers know at a glance that you've got the skills they're looking for, putting you on the right track for a great job and a great salary: a year after graduating, more than ninety-five per cent of UK undergraduates have gained employment. If you want to be a doctor or lawyer, you obviously have to have the appropriate qualifications, but a degree is often considered just as necessary for many other careers, such as working in government, publishing, public relations or marketing. A degree will let employers know that you're capable of independent thought, able to undertake research and analysis and that you're prepared to work hard.
MS in Canada
- There are 2 types of Masters program offered by Canadian universities a course-based master's, which requires the successful completion of a specific program of graduate-level courses and a research-based Master’s, which requires both graduate-level course work and a thesis.
- Graduate students often work as teaching or research assistants. They can work for their department in general, or work directly for their supervisor.
- Canada is a hub of education excellence with favourable environment that inspires high quality standard education provided by Public funded University at an affordable cost.
MS in USA
- Provides education and training in a specialized branch or field.
- May be either academic or professional.
- Most programs offer a thesis and non-thesis option.
- Generally requires one to three years of additional study beyond a bachelor’s degree.
- Affordable Quality Education USA: tuition fees are affordable and the cost of living is still significantly lower than many of the developed countries
MS in New Zealand
- Hub of education excellence: in an environment that is inspiring and conductive education, NZ provides high quality of teaching and research.
- Affordable quality Education New Zealand: tuition fees are affordable and the cost of living is still significantly lower than many of the developed countries
- Infrastructure: New Zealand is well connected via sea, air and telecommunication to all parts of the world.
- Vibrant and cosmopolitan environment: New Zealand may seem like a small dot on the world map, but the island state bustles all over with attractions and activities.
We at Edwise streamline and personalize the process for each student irrespective destination, institution, course or any level of study. Our team of experienced professionals will provide you individual attention and exceptional guidance throughout your process of application. We provide assistance related to course selections, admission, visa, bank-loan and scholarships. We also host USA University delegates for direct student interaction and all these services are provided free of cost. We have established since 1991 and have been maintaining strong networks with over 525 universities in 14 countries, hence giving us a unique insight into the finest educational establishments worldwide.
Start your education abroad with valuable information on everything you need to know about studying abroad from study permits, temporary resident visas and how much it costs, to finding a program.
Do visit your nearest Edwise branch & choose your university carefully under our expert guidance and ensure that you have all your paperwork in order. Once you apply, and the wait is over, you can really begin to look forward to not only studying in a beautiful and vibrant country, but also to a life experience quite like no other.
For complete details on studying Master of Science abroad, Contact
Edwise on 1-800-200-3678 / 08600911333..