Seeing the dearth of high quality engineering schools in the Bay area, Dr. Ramsey Carter and Dr. Barbara Brown started Northwestern Polytechnic University (NPU) on January 2, 1984 and soon thereafter incorporated as a California nonprofit public benefit institution.
The mission of Northwestern Polytechnic University is to provide advanced education for adult learners in order to cultivate growth and development in their professional and personal lives. NPU aims to bring qualified faculty who have active careers in high tech industries into contact with highly motivated students in a stimulating learning environment. NPU continually adapts its curricula to reflect the fast-paced, high tech environment. Currently NPU's programs focus on computer and business disciplines, leading both to undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Northwestern Polytechnic University is an academic institution accredited by the Accrediting Council for independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, and doctorate degrees. ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Top reasons to pursue your studies at NPU:
- Object & Career Goal Oriented Academic Programs
- Top Ranking among the >750 accredited independent professional colleges anduniversities in the US
- Quality Learning & Faculty
- One of the best of its kind (OCGO)
- Great Affordability & Economics
- Top 20 % most affordable fee structure among all US private institutions
- Comparable with nearly 50% of all the public institution fee structures
- Individually Tailored Study Plan
- Excellent Placement Rate
- 90% + for 10 consecutive years
- Superior Location & Modern Facilities
- Attractive & First Class Silicon Valley R&D Park settings
- Convenient Class Schedule
- More than 120 evening and weekend classes to choose from
- Personal Care & Attention
- Top institutional practices on and off campus
- Rich & Diverse Student Life
- Diverse student body from over 30 different countries
- Culture immersion and community integration
Northwestern Polytechnic University is ideally located in Fremont, California, the 4th largest city in the San Francisco Bay Area. Within easy reach of San Jose, the high-tech capital of the world, Fremont is also not far from the cities of San Francisco, Berkeley, and Palo Alto (Stanford University). The NPU campus is situated in a high-technology park in Fremont and is surrounded by international corporations and leaders in the information technology industry.
The campus buildings house the administrative offices, campus library and reading rooms, several electronics, communications, database, and simulation laboratories, assembly rooms, classrooms, computer workstation rooms, a student assembly hall, game room, and lunchroom, and several other functional facilities such as faculty offices and workrooms. The NPU dormitories are located just off campus in the neighboring residential community.
The City of Fremont, California, is truly one of the best-kept secrets of the Bay Area. It is safe, clean, a modern and relatively new community, well funded and well planned, and has one of the highest quality of life ratings of any city in the U.S. According to the Fremont Office of Economic Development, Fremont has a population of 208,000 people and over 1,200 high-tech firms. It has a convenient BART system (local train) and an extensive network of bus services. Residents can enjoy over 50 community parks within the city including beautiful Lake Elizabeth and scenic Central Park. Fremont is also very proud of the quality of its citizenry and has the lowest crime rate in the U.S. for cities with more than 200,000 people. Fremont's citizens are a diverse mix from all corners of the world: African Americans 3%, American Indians 0.3%, Asian 36.8%, Hispanic 13.5%, Pacific Islander 0.4%, White 41.4%, and Other 4.7%.
List of Departments
/ Schools / Faculty / College
Northwestern Polytechnic University strives to meet the need of professionals in the high-technology fields by providing learning opportunities in the following areas:
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Computer Science
- Business Management
- Management Information Systems
NPU's Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral Degree Programs are designed to prepare students for the practice of engineering, computer science, and business administration at a professional level. In addition to courses teaching the fundamentals, each degree curriculum is designed to be connected to Silicon Valley's major industries in electronics, computer engineering, information technology, enterprise management, and global business development. It offers 4 undergraduate degrees, 4 masterd degrees and 2 doctoral degrees.
||Level of Program
||Business And Information Systems
||Computer Systems Engineering
||Mba- Information Technology
||Computer Systems Engineering
The NPU scholarship for new applicants is a merit-based financial award offered to applicants interested to pursue degree programs at NPU. The applicants will be rewarded with a tuition scholarship of US$500 per semester for three semesters leading to a cumulative tuition scholarship of US$1500 under the condition that the student maintains satisfactory progress in his/her academic study at NPU, be in good standing, and has contributed to the activities sponsored by either the NPU Student Association, any NPU student club, a professional society, or NPU's administrative activities under the supervision of qualified personnel.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, or 8.0 on a scale of 10.0, or 65% out of 100% (in Indian, Pakistan, Nepal universities' grading system)
- For international students: Must have scored 90 (IBT); 233 (CBT); 577 (PBT) on the TOEFL test or 7.0 bands on the IELTS
- Must request ETS/IELTS to submit your official test scores directly to NPU
- Must submit a detailed resume. Details about academic performance, extracurricular activities, work experience, if any, should be mentioned.
Click here to Download Application form